Grandma's Devil's Food Cake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
13/4 csifted cake flour
1 tspbaking soda
2 largeeggs, at room temperature
4 ozmelted chocolate squares, unsweet
1 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Grandma's Devil's Food Cake
- Sift flour, salt, and baking soda together.
- Cream shortening/butter and add sugar gradually. Cream until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, beat well; add melted chocolate and vanilla and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Alternately add buttermilk with flour mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Divide batter evenly between 2 eight inch, greased and floured cake pans, (I like to dust my pans with unsweetened cocoa powder).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes or until tests done with toothpick.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Then remove from pans and cool on wire racks until completely cooled. Frost with your favorite frosting. My favorites are: Seven minute frosting or Fudge Frosting.