How to Make Gooey Chocolate Caramel Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2Mix cake mix, 1/3 c. evaporated milk, butter, and eggs together; stir in nuts. Reserve 1-1/2 cups of mixture. Pat the rest into bottom of greased 10x13 pan. Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- 3While baking, melt caramels at low heat; then add 1/3 cup evaporated milk.
- 4When cake has finished baking, remove and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- 5Then immediately pour caramel mixture over the chips.
- 6Pat the reserved cake mixture on top of caramel mixture or drop cake mix by teaspoonfuls.
- 7Bake for 15-18 minutes. You can drizzle melted white chocolate chips in zig-zag pattern. Cool completely before cutting.