Ghiradelli Chocolate Souffle
- 1/4 c
- and 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- heavy whipping cream or half and half
- eggs, separated
- 1 1/2
- bar semi-sweet chocolate baking bar, melted
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- salt (optional)
- cream of tartar
- 2 Tbsp
- confectioners' sugar
How to Make Ghiradelli Chocolate Souffle
- 1Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 1 and 1/2 quart souffle dish and coat with 2 Tbsp. grandulated sugar.
- 2In medium sized heavy saucepan, combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and flour; mix well.
Add whipping vream then cook over medium heat until sugar melts.
- 3Beat egg yolks then gradually add the warm sugar mixture to egg mixture, stirring continuosly. Pour egg mixture back into pan an mix well. Remove from heat and stir in melted chocolate, vanilla and salt. set aside to cool.
- 4In large bowl beat egg whites with the cream of tarter untill stiff peaks form. Gently fold in cooled chocolate mixture into egg whites until no streaks of white remain.
- 5Spoon in to souffle dish. Bake 30-35 minutes or until puffed.
- 6Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately