Ghiradelli Chocolate Souffle
1/4 cand 2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 cheavy whipping cream or half and half
1 1/2bar semi-sweet chocolate baking bar, melted
1/2 tspvanilla extract
pinchcream of tartar
2 Tbspconfectioners' sugar
How to Make Ghiradelli Chocolate Souffle
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 1 and 1/2 quart souffle dish and coat with 2 Tbsp. grandulated sugar.
- In medium sized heavy saucepan, combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and flour; mix well.
Add whipping vream then cook over medium heat until sugar melts.
- Beat egg yolks then gradually add the warm sugar mixture to egg mixture, stirring continuosly. Pour egg mixture back into pan an mix well. Remove from heat and stir in melted chocolate, vanilla and salt. set aside to cool.
- In large bowl beat egg whites with the cream of tarter untill stiff peaks form. Gently fold in cooled chocolate mixture into egg whites until no streaks of white remain.
- Spoon in to souffle dish. Bake 30-35 minutes or until puffed.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately