German Dark Chocolate Fudge Brownies with Black Cherry Preserves
3 pkggerman dark chocolate 3 1/2 ounces each (e.g. vivani or ritter sport)
1/4 cgerman black cherry preserves (e.g. zentis)
3 Tbspgerman spiced apple butter (e.g. grafschafter)
2 Tbspgerman acacia honey (e.g. langnese)
2 largeegg whites
1 tspfine sea salt
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1/2 call purpose, unbleached flour
1/4 cwalnuts, chopped (optional)
How to Make German Dark Chocolate Fudge Brownies with Black Cherry Preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Break or cut chocolate into 1-inch pieces and place in heatproof bowl. Gently melt chocolate in double boiler. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Coat an 8-inch square non-stick baking pan with cooking spray; set aside. In large bowl combine preserves, apple butter, honey, eggs, egg whites, salt and vanilla extract. Whisk to thoroughly combine. Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Slowly pour melted chocolate into batter, whisking continuously. Spread batter in pan. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake 20 minutes or until springy to the touch. Cool on rack. Cut into 24 bars.