German Chocolate Monkey Bread
This looks so yummy I will have to try.
2 can(s)refrigerated biscuits
1/2 ccoconut, unsweetened and finely shredded
1 1/2 cpecans, toasted and chopped
2 ccoconut, unsweetened and finely shredded
2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cbrown sugar
How to Make German Chocolate Monkey Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Get out an angel food cake pan with a removable bottom and set it on top of a rimmed sheet pan.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, coconut and cinnamon and mix well.
- Add the dough into the sugar mixture a few pieces a time and coat them well with the mixture.
- Meanwhile melt the 1 cup of butter in a small sauce pan over low heat.
- Brush the inside of the angel food cake pan lightly with the melted butter, then begin to add about 1/3 of the dough balls.
- On top of the dough balls, sprinkle a third of the pecans, coconut and chocolate chips.
- Repeat with remaining dough balls. Then top that layer with the remaining nuts, chocolate and coconut.
- When everything is in the pan, return the melted butter to the stovetop and add the 1 cup of brown sugar. Cook on low until the sugar melts into the butter.
- Pour the sugar and butter mixture evenly over the entire pan.
- Bake the monkey bread in the oven for about 45 minutes. Then remove it from the oven and let it sit for another 10-15 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
- Turn out the cake, inverting it onto a serving platter and pull it apart to experience pure, buttery heaven!