German Chocolate Cool Bars
- 1 c
- chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 c
- melted butter
- 2 pkg
- baker's german sweet chocolate
- 1/3 c
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz
- bird's eye cool whip non-dairy
- 1/4 c
- red cherries, de-pitted and finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp
- coconut extract
- flaked unsweetened coconut (optional)
- pecans, finely chopped (optional)
How to Make German Chocolate Cool Bars
- 1Combine crumbs and melted butter. Press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch square pan.
- 2Grate or finely chop 1/2 package of the chocolate. Set aside. (I also added 1/4 cup finely chopped, de-pitted Lapin cherries).
- 3Heat remaining chocolate and milk in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted. With whisk, beat in cream cheese until smooth. Cool five minutes.
- 4Fold in 3 1/2 cups of the whipped topping and the grated chocolate. Spread mixture over crumbs.
- 5(I added about 1/4 t. of coconut extract in the remaining whipped topping before spreading it).
Spread remaining whipped topping over chocolate later. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours. Garnish as desired. Cut into bars.