Fudgy Truffle Eggs
- 1 pkg
- (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 can(s)
- chocolate frosting (12 oz)
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 c
- creamy peanut butter or marshmellow creme
- 1 pkg
- 24 oz) vanilla-flavored (almond bark) or chocolate-flavored candy coating
How to Make Fudgy Truffle Eggs
- 1In large microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High 1 minute, stir until melted. If necessary, microwave 10 to 20 seconds longer or until chocolate can be stirred smooth.
- 2Microwave frosting uncovered on High 20 seconds; stir into melted chocolate chips. Stir in vanilla. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes or just until thick enough to hold a shape.
- 3Drop chocolate mixture by level tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper lined cookie sheets. Flatten each tablespoon of chocolate mixture. Spoon about 1/4 teaspoon marshmallow or creamy peanut butter in center. Fold chocolate mixture over filling; shape into egg shapes. (If mixture is too sticky, refrigerate until firm enough to shape.) Freeze 30 minutes.
- 4In large bowl, microwave candy coating uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring until smooth. Dip eggs, one at a time, in candy coating using fork to hold them. Return to cookie sheets. Refrigerate eggs about 10 minutes or until coating is set. Decorate as desired.