Fudge bottom pistachio bars
- 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted, one half stick
- 16 ounces heavy cream
- 4 ounces bittersweet or semi sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 8 ounces light cream
- one package instant pistachio pudding mix, 3.4 ounces
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted pistachios
How to Make Fudge bottom pistachio bars
- 1preheat oven to 350°. Line 9 inch square baking pan with nonstick foil. In a bowl, mix crumbs and sugar; stir in melted butter. Press evenly onto pan. Bake eight minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- 2In a pan, heat 8 ounces heavy cream until just below simmering. Remove from heat. Add chocolate; whisk until smooth. Pour onto crust. Refrigerate one hour.
- 3In a bowl, mix remaining 8 ounces heavy cream with light cream; add pudding mix. With electric mixer on high speed, beat until thick, stiff peaks form. Spread mixture evenly over chocolate layer. Sprinkle top with pistachios. Cover and freeze eight hours. Lift far from pan. Let sit at room temperature. Cut into 12 bars while still partially frozen. Store bars in freezer safe container and refreeze. Makes 12 bars