*If you can't find Mexican chocolate (it's in most grocery stores these days, in the ethnic food aisle) substitute another half, each, of the dark and milk chocolate; double the amount of cinnamon and chopped almonds.)
- 2 large dark chocolate bars
- 2 large milk chocolate bars
- 1 wheel mexican chocolate*
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 1/3 tsp cinnammon
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- butter, for greasing pan
How to Make Firecracker Fudge
- 1generously butter bottom and sides of a 9" x 9" glass pan. (Metal pan will work, too. I just prefer glass pans.)
- 2Sprinkle the bottom of pan with red pepper flakes; about 1 Tbs, or to taste.
Sprinkle course sea salt over red pepper flakes; 1 generous tsp, or to taste.
- 3Break up chocolate bars into double boiler, over medium heat. Stir occasionally as they melt. About half way through the melting process, sprinkle in the cinnamon and chopped nuts.
- 4When chocolate is completely melted, and all ingredients combined, pour mixture over red pepper and sea salt. Allow about an hour or so for it to set completely, before cutting into squares of whatever size you like.