fat Witch brownies
this is the best selling brownie at the fat which bakery. Instead of bittersweet chocolate chips, you can also use 4 ounces of unsweetened chocolate. Add 1/3 cup of granulated sugar and it will be equivalent to 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate chips. While they are pure perfection on their own, try stirring 1/2 cup of chopped nuts, chocolate or peanut butter chips, or dried fruit into the prepared batter
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, one and three-quarter sticks
- 1/2 cup +2 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- four large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup +2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- pinch of salt
How to Make fat Witch brownies
- 1grease a 9 x 9" baking pan with butter. Dust with flour and Out the excess. Preheat the oven to 350°.
Melt the butter and chocolate in a small pan over low heat, stirring frequently. Set aside to cool.
Cream the sugar, eggs, and vanilla together. Add the cooled chocolate mixture and mix until well blended.
- 2Mix the flour and salt and then sift together directly into the chocolate mixture. Mix the batter gently until well combined and no trace of the dry ingredients remain.
At this point, if desired, stir in any extras like walnuts.
- 3Spread the batter evenly into prepared baking pan and bake for 33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with only crumbs, not batter on it. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for one hour. Cut just before serving. Makes 12 to 16 brownies.