★★★★★ 1 vote5
20ladyfingers, plain, split length-wise
1/2 cdry sherry
1 pkg(12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
2 pkg(8oz) cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cbrown sugar, light, firmly packed
2 tsppure vanilla extract
2 cwhipping cream
How to Make Drema's "Chocolate Crown Mousse"
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Meanwhile start splitting ladyfingers lengthwise. Place cut-side down on baking sheets and bake these for 5 minutes. Allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Brush cut cide of ladyfingers with sherry and line the sides of a 10-inch spring form pan - tightly with these. (Uncut sides go against pan) Arrange remaining ladyfingers on bottom of pan. (Uncut side against bottom)
- Place chocolate morsels in top of double boiler, bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally, until chocolate melts. Cool 10 minutes.
- Chill large mixing bowl for whip cream at this time.
Meanwhile beat cream cheese and 3/4 cug of brown sugar at high speed using lectric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in cool chocolate. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites at room temp and salt at high speed of electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Add vanilla and remaining brown sugar, beat until stiff. Set aside.
- Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold beaten egg whites and whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
Pour into prepared pan on ladyfingers.
Chill 8 hours or longer.
When ready to serve set out of fridge aboaut 10 minutes. Release your pan and voile'!
This is superb for those that love mousse!