Debbie's Death By Chocolate Bread Pudding
DARK CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING
1loaf french or italian bread,
4eggs, slightly beaten
1 stickbutter, melted
4 chalf and half or heavy whipping cream
1 cchopped pecans
1 cslightly sweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1-12 oz. pkgslightly sweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 - 1 1/4 chalf and half or heavy whipping cream
·strawberries , dipped in the chocolate for garnish
How to Make Debbie's Death By Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Tear your loaf of bread into small chunks. When I make bread pudding I prefer to allow my bread sit for several hours or overnight to "stale." I tear the bread in pieces into a large bowl and cover it with a dish towel until I am ready to mix it all together.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium sizes bowl,mix slightly beaten eggs, sugar, half and half or cream, and vanilla. Beat on medium until well blended.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and slowly blend into the sugar mixture.
- Pour this mixture over the bread pieces and stir gently to coat all the bread pieces evenly.
- Gently fold the chocolate chips and the pecans evenly into the bread mixture. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes to absorb the liguid. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and bake 45-50 minutes or until lightly brown but not overdone. Allow to cool a bit while you prepare the Chocolate Sauce.
- DO NOT PREPARE THE CHOCOLATE SAUCE UNTIL THE BREAD PUDDING IS READY TO COME OUT. IT WILL GET TOO HARD.
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and the butter, checking and stirring every 30 seconds or so.
- Once melted and stirred smooth, add your half and half or cream about 1/4 cup at a time stirring well and microwaving another 30 seconds each time until you get it to the consistency that you want it to be to allow you to drizzle it.
- At this point, for each person I was serving, I dipped a strawberry in the chocolate mixture and set them on waxed paper to dry. I dished everyone's bread pudding up, added the chocolate sauce and then garnished with a chocolate covered strawberry. THIS WAS A HIT!!!