Dark Modeling Chocolate
This will keep for 6 months as long as it's wrapped tightly in plastic and stored in the refrigerator.
How to Make Dark Modeling Chocolate
- 1Finely chop the chocolate and melt to 90°F.
- 2Heat the Simple Syrup to 180°F. and combine it with the corn syrup or glucose.
- 3Stir the syrup mixture into the melted chocolate. Let cool at room temperature for several hours.
- 4Knead the mass until well blended and elastic. If the cocoa butter separates from the mass, chill it again before kneading. Wrap it in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator overnight before using to make it easier to handle.
- 5*SIMPLE SYRUP: (equal parts water and sugar that are heated until the mixture reaches a specific temperature).
To Make Simple Syrup (this makes 14 fluid ounces):
8 oz granulated sugar
8 oz water
Combine the water and sugar in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a full boil without stirring (to prevent the sugar from crystallizing). Boil for 1 minute or until the syrup reaches the proper density for the type of syrup needed. Remove from the heat, cool, then store under refrigeration.