Cream Puff Shells
How to Make Cream Puff Shells
- 1preheat oven to 450 degrees
- 2In medium sauce pan, combine shortening, salt and boiling water and heat until the entire mixture boils, Reduce heat add flour all at once and stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball remove from heat and add eggs one at a time beating thoroughly after each addition, continue beating until mixture is thick and shiny and pulls away form the spoon
- 3spoon on to ungreased cookie sheet and bake 20 minutes reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 20 more minutes or until golden brown
- 4cool and slice off the top scoop out the inner dough,
Fill with your favorite filling and replace top.
- 5You can make these shells any size you want I usually make them about the size of a tennis ball.I also turn off my oven and open the door leaving the shells inside until cool, but this is not necessary