Cook's Classic Brownies
6 ozunsweetened chocolate, chopped fine
12 Tbsp(1 1/2 sticks), unsalted butter, cut into (6) one inch pieces
2 1/4 csugar
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1 1/4 ccake flour
3/4 tspbaking powder
1 cpecans or walnuts, chopped medium, toasted in oven 5-8 minutes, then cooled
How to Make Cook's Classic Brownies
- Melt together the chocolate and butter, when this mixture is completely smooth, whisk in sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, whisking after each. Add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture in 3 additions.
- Transfer to 9x13 pan. Smooth. Sprinkle nuts over batter if not using a frosting.
If using a frosting, stir nuts into the batter.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out with a FEW crumbs attached.
IMPORTANT: If over-baked, toothpick comes out clean; if under-baked it has batter clinging to it.