Cook's Classic Brownies
- 6 oz
- unsweetened chocolate, chopped fine
- 12 Tbsp
- (1 1/2 sticks), unsalted butter, cut into (6) one inch pieces
- 2 1/4 c
- 4 large
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 c
- cake flour
- 1/2 tsp
- 3/4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 c
- pecans or walnuts, chopped medium, toasted in oven 5-8 minutes, then cooled
How to Make Cook's Classic Brownies
- 1Melt together the chocolate and butter, when this mixture is completely smooth, whisk in sugar.
- 2Add eggs one at a time, whisking after each. Add vanilla.
- 3Add flour mixture in 3 additions.
- 4Transfer to 9x13 pan. Smooth. Sprinkle nuts over batter if not using a frosting.
If using a frosting, stir nuts into the batter.
- 5Bake at 325 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out with a FEW crumbs attached.
IMPORTANT: If over-baked, toothpick comes out clean; if under-baked it has batter clinging to it.