cookie dough truffles
- 8 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 c
- light brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/4 c
- all-purpose flour
- (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 c
- mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 lb
- semi-sweet(or bittersweet) chocolate, coarsely chopped
- mini chocolate chips (for garnish)
How to Make cookie dough truffles
- 1Cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the flour, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until incorporated and smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the mixture is firm enough to form balls
- 2Shape the chilled cookie dough mixture into 1 inch balls. Place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet and freeze for 1-2 hours.
- 3When ready to dip the truffles, melt the chopped chocolate in a double boiler (or in the microwave at 50% power, stirring frequently). Using a toothpick, dip each chilled truffle, one at a time, coating in chocolate and letting the excess drip off. (If the cookie dough balls become too soft, return them to the freezer to chill for 30 minutes.) Transfer the dipped truffles to a wax-paper lined surface. If using mini chocolate chips for garnish, sprinkle on top quickly after dipping each truffle before the chocolate sets.
- 4Store in the refrigerator and serve cold. These can also be frozen for longer storge.