☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 1/4 c
- heavy cream
- 2 tsp
- brown sugar
- 2 oz
- semisweet chocolate
- 1 c
- strong freshly brewed coffee
- 4 tsp
- cornstarch (heaping)
- 1/4 c
- irish whiskey
- 3 oz
- amarettini (tiny amaretti cookies)
- 3 oz
- pirouettes or tuile cookies
How to Make Coffee Chocolate Fondue with Irish Whiskey
- 1Peel the oranges, removing all white membrane. Cut the sections away from the membranes that separate them, catching the juice. Arrange the sections on a plate. Place amarettini and other cookies in a bowl.
- 2Bring heavy cream to boil with brown sugar.
- 3Coarsely chop semisweet chocolate, add to the cream, and let melt, stirring.
- 4Mix in coffee, reserving 3 tablespoons. Mix the reserved coffee with cornstarch, stir into the fondue, and bring to boil.
- 5Transfer the mixture to a fondue pot (caquelon). Add Irish whiskey to flavor. Set on a burner over a low flame or on a small hot plate.
- 6Spear an orange section on the fondue fork and draw through the chocolate mixture. Serve with the cookies.