Ciao Bella Strawberry Chocolate Bread
Anna Sciancalepore Antoniello
I changed a recipe that I came across a few years ago. The original was way too soggy for me. The nice thing is it makes two loaves. So you can freeze one if you want. But I guarantee you won't have any left.
What sets this bread apart is the chocolate which was another touch I added. Everyone knows the flavor of berries and chocolate go together so well!
2 csliced strawberries
1 1/2 csugar
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
1 1/4 cvegetable oil
1/2 csemi-sweet mini chocloate chips
How to Make Ciao Bella Strawberry Chocolate Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9" X 5" loaf pans. Line bottom of loaf pans with parchment paper.
- Combine strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar; set aside for 1 hour.
- Combine flour, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Whisk eggs until blended. Add eggs and oil to flour mixture and stir until just blended. Fold in undrained strawberries and chocolate.
- Divide batter evenly among loaf pans. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.