- 1 box
- red velvet cake mix
- water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 c
- cream cheese frosting (from 1lb. container)
- 2 pkg
- (24 ounces each) vanilla flavored almond bark
- red sugar crystals (for decoration)
How to Make Christmas Truffles
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees, or as directed on cake mix box. Spray 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, & eggs with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- 2Bake as directed on cake mix box or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack.
- 3Line cookie sheets with waxed paper. Remove cake from pan and crumble into large bowl; stir in frosting. Roll mixture into 1 1/4-inch ball; place on cookie sheets. Place in freezer for 15 minutes or until firm.
- 4Break almond bark into pieces and put in a microwave safe bowl and melt as directed on package. You may add 1 TBSP of vegetable oil to thin the chocolate. Dip each cake ball into melted coating, tapping off excess and taking care not to get crumbs in coating. Return to cookie sheets. Decorate with sugar before coating sets. For best results keep chilled in the refrigerator until you eat them or give them as gifts.