Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake
- squares (1 oz. ea.) semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 c
- country crock® spreadable butter with canola oil
- 3/4 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/4 tsp
- 3/4 c
- 1 pt
- strawberries, sliced (about 2 cups), tossed with tbsp. sugar
- 2 c
- sweetened whipped cream
How to Make Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake
- 1Preheat oven to 400°. Spray 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- 2Microwave chocolate with Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Spreadable Butter in large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1-1/2 minutes or until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. Beat in 3/4 cup sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed. Beat in eggs, then 1/4 cup flour, baking soda and salt. Alternately beat in remaining 1 cup flour and water until blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- 3Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan and cool completely.
- 4Meanwhile, combine strawberries with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in medium bowl. To serve, slice cake in half, horizontally. Arrange bottom half of cake on serving platter. Evenly top with strawberries, then 1-1/2 cups sweetened whipped cream. Top with remaining half of cake and remaining whipped cream.
- 5Garnish, if desired, with additional strawberries.