★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 stickunsalted butter
6 ozbittersweet chocolate chopped
1/2 call purpose flour
3/4 tspbaking powder
1 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Chocolate Sinkholes
- Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler, stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Sift all the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and vanilla until incorporated.
- Slowly stir in the sugar/flour mixture just until everything is combined.
- Divide the batter among 6 (6 ounce) ramekins.
- Arrange the cups in a baking dish or roasting pan and fill the dish with enough cool tap water to come one third of the way up the sides of the cups.
- This water bath assures that the bottom portions of the cakes remain in a batter state.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until tops are firm.
- They will look crusty, and a fissure is likely to open in the middle of each.
- Serve warm with ice cream.