- 2 tbsp. butter, plus extra for greasing
- 1 cup self rising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup farmer’s cheese
- scant 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 4 tbsp. slivered almonds
- 7 oz. canned or bottled morello cherries, drained
How to Make Chocolate Pizza
- 1Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 10 inch shallow cake pan with butter.
To make topping, mix cheese, sugar and egg in bowl. Beat well with a fork. Stir in ground ginger and set aside.
- 2To make dough, sift together flour and cocoa into another bowl. Add butter and rub it in with your fingers til mixture resembles bread crumbs. make a well in center and pour in 1/3 cup of the milk. Mix well with round bladed knife, adding remaining milk if needed to mix to a soft dough.
- 3Turn out dough on to a lightly floured counter and knead lightly. Roll out lightly to 11 inch round and lift into the pan, pressing it against the sides and evenly over the base.
Sprinkle half the almonds over the pizza base, add cheese mixture and bake for 15 minutes. Put cherries on top of cheese mixture, sprinkle with remaining almonds and return to oven for 10 to 15 minutes more. Serve hot or cold. Serves 2 to 4