- 15 oz
- hershey's or ghiradella semisweet chocolate- the better the chocolate the better the pate
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 4 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- large egg yolks
- 3/4 c
- powered sugar
- 6 Tbsp
- dark rum (or real vanilla extract-4 tlbs)
- 10 oz packages frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
- 2-3 Tbsp
- grand marnier liquor, (optional)
- 1/4 c
How to Make Chocolate Pate
- 1In top of a double boiler over simmering water, melt chocolate with cream and butter. Beat with a wire whisk until smooth and glossy.
- 2Remove from heat and add yolks, one at a time, beating well after each.
- 3Add powered sugar, whisking constantly until smooth. Mix in Rum.
- 4Butter a small 4-cup loaf pan. Put waxed paper or plastic wrapt in pan, leaving overhang, and butter sides and bottom of the lining. Pour chocolate mixture into pan, cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- 5To remove pate, gently loosen lining from pan. It is sticks, set in hot water for a few seconds. Turn pate onto a serving plate and remover plastic lining. Using a hot knife, slice pate into 1/2 inch slice and serve over a pool of raspberry sauce, with a large dollop of fresh whipped cream. Store pate in freezer and slice when needed.
- 6For Raspberry Sauce: Drain 1 package raspberries and discard juice. Retain juice from other package. Puree fruit, juice, sugar and liquer in food processor or blender. Strain puree to remove seeds . Chill until ready to use.