Chocolate Mousse By Julia Child1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 8 oz
- semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 6 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- egg yolks
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- egg whites
- 1/4 c
- instant (finely ground) sugar
- whipped cream, optional
- 1/4 c
- strong coffee
How to Make Chocolate Mousse By Julia Child
- 1Melt chocolate with the coffee then beat in the butter.
- 2One by one, beat in the egg yolks.
- 3Beat the cream over ice until it leaves light traces on the surface.
- 4Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- 5While beating, sprinkle in the sugar by spoonfuls and continue beating until stiff shining peaks are formed.
- 6Scrape the chocolate mixture down the side of the egg-white bowl and delicately fold in the whipped cream.
- 7Turn the mousse into attractive serving bowls.
- 8Cover and chill several hours.
- 9You may wish to decorate the mousse with swirls of whipped cream, or to pass whipped cream separately.