Chocolate Mousse By Julia Child1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8 ozsemi-sweet baking chocolate
6 Tbspunsalted butter
1 cheavy cream
1/4 cinstant (finely ground) sugar
·whipped cream, optional
1/4 cstrong coffee
How to Make Chocolate Mousse By Julia Child
- Melt chocolate with the coffee then beat in the butter.
- One by one, beat in the egg yolks.
- Beat the cream over ice until it leaves light traces on the surface.
- Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- While beating, sprinkle in the sugar by spoonfuls and continue beating until stiff shining peaks are formed.
- Scrape the chocolate mixture down the side of the egg-white bowl and delicately fold in the whipped cream.
- Turn the mousse into attractive serving bowls.
- Cover and chill several hours.
- You may wish to decorate the mousse with swirls of whipped cream, or to pass whipped cream separately.