★★★★★ 1 vote5
4egg whites, room temperature
1/4 tspcream of tartar
2 cwhipping cream, whipped
1 ccocoa powder
3 Tbspcocoa powder
·espresso powder, instant
How to Make Chocolate Mousse
- Heat sugar and water in heavy saucepan over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally and brushing down any crystals from sides of pan with brush dipped in cold water.
- Increase heat and boil until mixture registers 240 (soft ball stage) on a candy thermometer. Meanwhile, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Slowly pour in hot syrup, beating until mixture is cool, about 5 minutes.
- Gently fold in whipped cream, cocoa, melted chocolate and espresso.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.