★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/4 cwhite granulated sugar
4 ozsemi sweet chocolate chips or bakers semi sweet chocolate
2 cwhipping cream
3 Tbspwhipping cream
·any garnish you'd like ( mint, shaved chocolate, etc.)
How to Make Chocolate Mousse
- Dissolve 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons rum in saucepan. Don't let it brown!
- With double boiler, melt chocolate chips. (if using bakers chocolate melt in the microwave as directed on the box)
- Stir in 3 tablespoons unwhipped whipping cream. Remove from heat, add sugar/rum mixture.
Stir until smooth. Let cool.(at least 10 minutes)
- Whip stiff 2 egg whites.
- Take cooled mixture and fold egg whites into chocolate( i use a spatula to keep more air the mixture to keep it lighter). Let set (i put it back in the fridge for about 10 minutes)
- whip 2 cups whipping cream.
- Fold chocolate egg white mixture into whipped cream. (again i use a rubber spatula)
- Place into dishes. Add garnish if you'd like. Cool for at least 2 hours, but not more than 24 hours. Enjoy!!!
- *note* you can add a tablespoon or 2 of any extract to the egg white mixture to add a different flavor. Mint an Almond are suggested.