Chocolate Gravy (The Best Recipe Ever!)
How to Make Chocolate Gravy (The Best Recipe Ever!)
- 1In a large drinking glass, combine the milk and chocolate syrup, making chocolate milk. You want to use a little more chocolate syrup than you would normally use for making chocolate milk, but don't go overboard with the chocolate syrup. You want it to be a little stronger than average, but not too overpowered by the chocolate syrup so that you couldn't drink it. Set aside.
- 2In a small bowl, sift together the sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- 3In a medium sauce pan, heat up the cooking oil. Keep the heat low.
- 4After the oil is well heated, add the sugar-cocoa-salt mix. Again, keep heat low to prevent scortching. Stir continually for about 5 minutes.
- 5Add the flour, and stir until completely smooth and clump free (about 5 minutes)
- 6Add the chocolate milk and increase heat to medium. Stir continually. *NOTE* After you add the milk, the ingredients in the gravy will appear to have separated. Don't worry, this is fine. Just keep the heat on medium and keep stiring. The longer the gravy cooks, the better the ingredients will eventually all blend well together, and will become smooth and thick.
- 7When the gravy reaches desired consistency (about 10 minutes for me), remove from heat, and cover until ready to be served. The longer the gravy stands the thicker it will become. Add milk to thin, if it becomes too thick. Pour over buscuits, toast, or anything else you think it might go good with, and enjoy!