Chocolate Fudge Brownies from Palmer House Hilton
3 1/2 csemisweet chocolate chips
2 c(4 sticks) usalted butter, at room temp., cut into chunks
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 1/2 csugar
1 Tbspbaking powder
5eggs, lightly beaten
4 cchopped pecans or walnuts pieces
2 Tbspapricot preserves
How to Make Chocolate Fudge Brownies from Palmer House Hilton
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Melt chocolate and butter in a glass bowl set over simmering water.
- Sift together flour, sugar, and baking powder. Stir chocolate mixture into the flour mixture. Whisk eggs in. Pour into a 12x9" baking pan. Sprinkle nuts on top, pressing slightly into batter.
- Bake 40 minutes or until the edges become slighty crisp and the brownie has risen about 1/4". (Even when the brownie is properly baked, it will test gooey with a toothpick in the center.) Let cool 30 minutes.
- Combine water and preserves in a medium saucepan, whisking well. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Boil 2 minutes.
- USing a pastry brush, pat glaze over brownies.
- Place brownies the freezer 3 to 4 hours. Remove from freezer, let stand 10 minutes ad slice