Chocolate Drizzled Caramel Popcorn
Annamaria Settanni McDonald
- 12 c
- popped popcorn
- 3 1/2 c
- salted nuts, any variation you like
- 1 c
- firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 c
- light corn syrup
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 c
- dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- white chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Drizzled Caramel Popcorn
- 1Heat oven to 250°F. Place popcorn, cashews and pecans in large roasting pan.
- 2Combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil (7 to 8 minutes). Continue boiling 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda.
- 3Pour butter mixture over popcorn mixture in pan; stir well. Bake for 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven; place onto waxed paper or parchment paper. Cool completely. (DO NOT BREAK INTO PIECES.)
- 4Place chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening into resealable plastic food bag. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 30 to 45 seconds; knead bag. Continue microwaving at 15 second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn mixture. Repeat with white baking chips and remaining 1/2 teaspoon shortening, microwaving on MEDIUM-HIGH (70% power). Drizzle over popcorn mixture. Let stand until chocolate is set (3 to 4 hours). Break popcorn mixture into pieces.
- 5Store in container with tight-fitting lid or resealable plastic food bag.
- 6Chocolate and white baking chips can be melted separately with shortening in a small bowl in microwave or in small saucepan over low heat until melted. Drizzle chocolate mixtures with fork or spoon.