Chocolate Dipped Bacon
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lb
- bacon, thick cut
- 3 c
- oil for deep frying, i prefer peanut oil
- 1 pkg
- chocolate wilton candy melts or chocolate almond bark
How to Make Chocolate Dipped Bacon
- 1In heavy pan slowly heat oil to 350. While oil is heating up, remove bacon from package and cut strips in half and seperate strips.
- 2When oil reaches 350 add 4 pieces of bacon to the oil. Do not add more than 4 pieces at a time as it will cause the oil to drop too low in temp. Cook till nice and crispy, it will curl quite a bit. Deep frying actully removes more of the bacon fat than pan frying does. When bacon is done to desired doneness remove and place on paper towels to drain. Continue till all bacon is cooked. Allow bacon to fully cool before next step.
- 3In double boiler or a Wilton melting pot slowly melt chocolate coating till creamy smooth. Using a slotted spoon or tool drop 2 or 3 pieces of bacon into chocolate at a time. Roll around bacon in the chocolate till it's nicely coated. Useing slotten spoon remove and tap of excess. Place dipped bacon on a peice of parchment till chocolate sets up. Store dipped bacon in an air tight container in the fridge. This is a huge hit with most bacon lovers!