Chocolate Crunch Brownies
Tina Trippel Evangelho
1 cbutter or margarine, softened
1 call purpose flour
6 Tbspunsweetened cocoa powder
2 tspvanilla extract
1 7oz. jar(s)marshmallow cream
2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cpeanut butter, creamy
3 ccrisp rice cereal
How to Make Chocolate Crunch Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl. Beat at high speed until creamy, scraping the bowl occasionally. Add the eggs, beating until blended. Stir in the flour, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt. Spoon into a greased 9 x 13 in. baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until edges pull away from pan. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Spread the marshmallow creme over the top of the brownie layer.
- Combine the choclate chips and peanut butter in a 2-quart saucepan. Cook over low heat ntil blended, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in the cereal. Spread over the prepared layers.
- Chill, covered, until set. Cut into 36 bars.
Store, covered in refrigerator.