Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding Trifle
- chocolate croissants, very coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 c
- 1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- large eggs
- 1 box
- (6-oz) butterscotch pudding, cooked according to pkg. directions, then cooled
- bananas, sliced
- snickers bars, chopped fine
- (12-oz) container whipped topping (i use 2 cups whipped cream)
CHOCOLATE CROISSANT BREAD PUDDING
How to Make Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding Trifle
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Put chocolate croissant chunks in an 8x8-inch baking dish. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and eggs. Pour mixture over croissants. Let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- 3Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- 4Into the trifle bowl, add half of the croissant pudding. Spread it out evenly. Scoop in half of the butterscotch pudding, add a layer of banana slices and half of the chopped Snickers bars. Smooth on half of the whipped topping. Repeat the layers, ending on whipped cream, top with a final sprinkling of Snickers. (Don't add this last topping until just before serving.)
I can't find the chocolate croissants here in my little town, so I use regular, plain croissants and add about a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips. One time I melted 2 squares of semi-sweet chocolate and mixed it in with the egg mixture before pouring over the croissants. Both work well.