Chocolate Crepes, TNT
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk, warmed
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 cups hot fudge sauce
- 4 oz. sliced almonds, toasted
How to Make Chocolate Crepes, TNT
- 1In medium bowl, mix together flour, 3 Tbsp. sugar, salt and cocoa. Add eggs, warm milk and melted butter and beat til smooth. Force batter through sieve and let batter stand at room temperature for 2 hours before cooking crepes.
- 2If using a crepe maker, follow recommended directions. Otherwise, brush bottom of 6 inch thick bottomed skillet with butter. Add 2 Tbsp. batter, swirl pan to allow batter to cover entire bottom of pan thinly. Brown lightly on one side and turn with spatula to brown other side.
- 3Turn onto paper towel to cool. Repeat with remaining batter. To store, put waxed paper between crepes and wrap in foil. Refrigerate up to 4 days or freeze. Allow to warm to room temperature before filling.
- 4Whip cream with vanilla and 2 Tbsp. sugar. Fill each crepe with whipped cream, roll and place on serving dish. Drizzle with hot fudge and sprinkle with toasted almonds. Makes 16 to 20 crepes.
A dessert fit for royalty.
Crème de Colorado