Chocolate Chunk Brownies (oven version)
Rev BJ Friley
Baking time: 35 to 40 min.
Oven temp: 325 degrees F and 350 degrees F
Tips: Toast the almonds or other nuts until the internal color becomes ivory or lightly tan. Remove from pan immediately.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 cbutter or margarine
1 cgranulated sugar
1/4 ccocoa powder, unsweetened
1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 ctoasted almonds, pecans or walnuts
4 ozsemi-sweet chocolate squares
·lightly greased 8 x 8-inch baking pan
How to Make Chocolate Chunk Brownies (oven version)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Melt butter.
- Add the sugar, eggs, cocoa and vanilla.
- Combine the flour and baking powder.
- Stir into the chocolate mixture.
- Toast the nuts by spreading in a single layer in a shallow pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate squares, keeping in large chunks.
- Stir in the nuts and chocolate to batter.
- Spread batter in an 8 X 8-inch baking pan that is lightly greased.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out barely moist.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares and serve.