Chocolate Chunk Brownies (microwave version)
Rev BJ Friley
Microwave cooking time: 12 to 13 minutes
Tips: Aluminum foil can be used to shield the corners of a square dish, if used. Be sure it is folded smoothly over the corners. If used, remove during the HIGH phase of cooking. Check for doneness with a toothpick, but be careful not to check in a spot that has a chocolate chunk.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 cbutter or margarine
1 cgranulated sugar
1/4 ccocoa powder, unsweetened
1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/4 to 1/2 ctoasted almonds, pecans or walnuts
4 ozsemi-sweet chocolate squares
How to Make Chocolate Chunk Brownies (microwave version)
- Combine flour and baking powder. Stir into the chocolate mixture.
- Spread the nuts evenly on a microsafe pie plate.
- Microwave at HIGH power for 2 1/2 minutes. You will know the nuts are toasted by the toasted fragrance. Chop coarsely.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate. Add chocolate and nuts to the batter.
- Microwave at MEDIUM power for 8 minutes, rotating a quarter turn 2 or 3 times.
- Microwave at HIGH power for 1 to 2 minutes.