Chocolate Chunk Brownies (microwave version)
Rev BJ Friley
Microwave cooking time: 12 to 13 minutes
Tips: Aluminum foil can be used to shield the corners of a square dish, if used. Be sure it is folded smoothly over the corners. If used, remove during the HIGH phase of cooking. Check for doneness with a toothpick, but be careful not to check in a spot that has a chocolate chunk.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/4 c
- cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 c
- toasted almonds, pecans or walnuts
- 4 oz
- semi-sweet chocolate squares
How to Make Chocolate Chunk Brownies (microwave version)
- 2Combine flour and baking powder. Stir into the chocolate mixture.
- 3Spread the nuts evenly on a microsafe pie plate.
- 4Microwave at HIGH power for 2 1/2 minutes. You will know the nuts are toasted by the toasted fragrance. Chop coarsely.
- 5Coarsely chop the chocolate. Add chocolate and nuts to the batter.
- 7Microwave at MEDIUM power for 8 minutes, rotating a quarter turn 2 or 3 times.
- 8Microwave at HIGH power for 1 to 2 minutes.