Chocolate Cheese Sandwich
·*your favorite bread (such as sourdough) or any bread that's hard outside but soft inside
·*your favorite cheese, such as brie, mozzarella, parmesan, etc
·*your favorite chocolate
·*butter or olive oil
How to Make Chocolate Cheese Sandwich
- Cut two slices of bread into 3/4 to 1 inch thick. Butter one side of each slice.
- Place cheese on non-buttered side of one slice. Put lots of chocolate on top of cheese and place other slice of bread on top. Buttered sides of bread should be outside.
- Melt a small pat of butter in pan. Place sandwich (buttered side down) and grill, as you would a grilled cheese sandwich. Flip and grill other side. You'll know when it's ready because the chocolate & cheese will start to ooze out as it begins to melt. You can also do this on a penini maker if you have one.
- Note: when I made these I used a combination of brie, mozzarella, swiss and parmesan...yes I am bad.
I used about 4 small hershey bars although 6 would have been better.
- Giada said that you could also replace the butter with olive oil if you so desire.
~~~Whenever I have also done this with leftover french bread. Just cut thick slices, butter and toast as if you're going to serve with a meal. Pile on cheese then chocolate and put in oven or toaster oven just long enough to melt the cheese and chocolate.