Chocolate Cake Brownie with orange and mascarpone
·3/4 cup flour
·1/4 tsp. salt
·1 stick unsalted butter, 8 tbsp.
·4 oz. semisweet bar chocolate, chopped
·1 cup sugar
·2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
·1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
·1 tbsp. vanilla extract
·1 tbsp. minced orange zest
·3 large eggs
·powdered sugar and orange zest for garnish
How to Make Chocolate Cake Brownie with orange and mascarpone
- Preheat oven to 325. Coat an 8 inch square baking dish or pan with cooking spray.
- Mix flour and salt in small bowl. Set aside. Melt butter and bar chocolate in pan over low heat, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar and cocoa powder.
- Whisk in mascarpone, vanilla and minced zest. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring after each addition.
- Fold in flour mixture just til incorporated. Pour batter into prepared dish.
- Bake brownies til a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Let brownies cool completely, then dust with powdered sugar, garnish with zest and serve. Makes 16.