Chocolate Cake Brownie with orange and mascarpone
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, 8 tbsp.
- 4 oz. semisweet bar chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. minced orange zest
- 3 large eggs
- powdered sugar and orange zest for garnish
How to Make Chocolate Cake Brownie with orange and mascarpone
- 1Preheat oven to 325. Coat an 8 inch square baking dish or pan with cooking spray.
- 2Mix flour and salt in small bowl. Set aside. Melt butter and bar chocolate in pan over low heat, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar and cocoa powder.
- 3Whisk in mascarpone, vanilla and minced zest. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring after each addition.
- 4Fold in flour mixture just til incorporated. Pour batter into prepared dish.
- 5Bake brownies til a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Let brownies cool completely, then dust with powdered sugar, garnish with zest and serve. Makes 16.