Chocolate Bread Pudding
This recipe comes from "Southern Living Ultimate Christmas Cookbook 2010" from Macy's Dept. Store.
- 1 lb
- challah bread, torn into bite-size pieces (you can use french bread for a substitute)
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, softened and divided
- 4 c
- half and half
- 1 pkg
- (12 ounce) semisweet chocolate morsels, divided (i used ghirardelli)
- 1/2 c
- unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 5 large
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 c
- bourbon, half and half, or brewed coffee (i used brewed coffee)
- 1 c
- coarsely chopped pecans
How to Make Chocolate Bread Pudding
- 2Bring half and half and remaining 2 Tbsp butter to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, add 1 cup chocolate morsels, stirring until melted. Whish in cocoa and next 4 ingredients.
- 3Pour over bread, tossing to coat; transfer to baking dish. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- 4Sprinkle with remaining chocolate morsel and pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1 hours or until set. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 6You can also bake bread pudding in 8 (8-ounce) ramekins or 12 (6-ounce) ramekins or custard cups. Prepare as directed above, and after chilling 8 hours, spoon pudding evenly into ramekins. Sprinkle with morsels and pecans. Bake, uncoverd, at 350 for 35 minutes (for 6 ounce) to 40 minutes (for 8 ounce).