Chocolate bread pudding
★★★★★ 1 vote5
·8 day old left over biscuits
·dash of salt
·one egg beaten
·cup of sugar, (or splenda)
·about 1/4- to 1/3 cup of cocoa
·enough milk to cover the top of biscuits
·one stick of butter
·tbl spoon vanilla
How to Make Chocolate bread pudding
- using a large cast iron fry pan, melt the stick of butter, (margarine) in the hot oven, 400 degrees.
- In a separate bowl,Crumble up the day old biscuits
- add a dash of salt
- stir the sugar, and the cocoa together til it is a milk chocolate brown, then add to biscuit mixture and stir it around with a wisk.
- Cover it with enough milk to cover the top of the biscuits, and stir again, til all is wet, and add vanilla.
- Then add egg and stir it in.
- Once stired well, poor into the middle of the cast iron fry pan letting the butter come up over the mixture. This creates a crusty top.
- Bake at 400 degrees until the top is crusty, about 40 minutes. It will be firm to touch, The tooth pick will be gummy textured, and the aroma will smell warm and chocolately.
- Cut in sections like a pie, place on plate, cut open through the middle and add margarine if you wish, or top with applesauce. We used home made applesauce. Yum-Yum.