Choco-Berry Bavarian Cream
*This picture is from the Hershey's website (I unfortunately didn't take a picture when I made it, but will do so when I make it again...maybe for this Christmas).
1 pkg(10 oz.) frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed or 1 cup sweetened sliced fresh strawberries
2 pkg(envelopes) unflavored gelatin
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1 cmini semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 1/4 cmilk, divided
1 tspvanilla extract
1 c(1/2 pt.) cold whipping cream
·strawberry cream (recipe follows)
·fresh strawberries (optional)
How to Make Choco-Berry Bavarian Cream
- Lightly oil 5 or 6 cup mold; set aside. Drain strawberries; reserve syrup. Add water to syrup to equal 3/4 cup. Sprinkle gelatin over liquid; set aside. Refrigerate drained berries.
- Stir together sugar, small chocolate chips and 1/2 cup milk in medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and very hot. Add gelatin mixture, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat; stir in remaining milk and vanilla. Pour into large bowl; refrigerate, stirring ocasionally, until mixture mounds when dropped from spoon.
- Beat whipping cream until stiff; fold into chocolate mixture. Pour into
prepared mold; refrigerate until firm. Unmold; garnish with STRAWBERRY CREAM and fresh strawberries, if desired
- STRAWBERRY CREAM: Mash or puree reserved strawberries from Bavarian cream recipe to equal 1/2 cup. Beat 1cup (1/2 pt.) cold whipping cream amd 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until stiff. Fold in strawberry puree and 2 to 3 drops red food color. Makes about 2 cups of topping.