Chewy Brown Sugar Cookies
How to Make Chewy Brown Sugar Cookies
- Cream together sugars, eggs, butter, shortening, and vanilla. Be careful to not over mix.
- Mix together flour and baking soda. Stir in to your sugar mixture.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Take golf-ball size portions of dough, and shape into about 4" round circles. The dough will hold it's shape for the most part. It will spread a bit while baking.
- Place on to an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 6 to 7 minutes for chewy cookies.
- Remove your cookies from the oven. Sprinkle a dusting of white sugar to the top of your cookies. Leave on the pan until just cooled.