- 1 lb
- 2/3 c
- evaporated milk
- 1 pkg
- cake mix, german chocolate
- 3/4 c
- butter, melted
- 1 c
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c
- chopped pecans or walnuts
How to Make Caramel Layer Chocolate Squares
- 1Melt caramels in 1/3 cup of the evaporated milk.
Beat together cake mix, butter and 1/3 cup evaporated milk.
The cake mixture will be stiff.
- 2Press half of cake mixture in to greased 9x13 inch cake pan, bake for 6 minutes at 350 degrees.
Spread chocolate chips and chopped pecans/walnuts over baked crust. Spread melted caramel mixture over chips and nuts. Then spread the rest of the cake mixture over the top of it all. You can drop dollops of the cake mix instead of trying to spread it.
- 3Bake 15 to 18 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool and refrigerate to set caramels. Cut in to squares and serve!