Black & Tan (Guinness) Brownies
1 call purpose flour
3/4 ccocoa, unsweetened
6 Tbspunsalted butter
8 ozbittersweet chocolate chopped
3/4 cwhite chocolate chopped
4large eggs at room temperature
1 cgranulated sugar
10 ozguinness stout
1 csemi sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Black & Tan (Guinness) Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick foil or parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and salt until evenly combined. Set aside.
- Melt butter, bittersweet chocolate, and white chocolate chips in a double-boiler over very low heat, stirring constantly until melted.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add melted chocolate mixture, beating until combined.
- Beat reserved flour mixture into melted chocolate mixture.
Whisk in Guinness stout beer. The batter will be thin.
Drop semisweet chocolate chips in batter.
- Pour into prepared baking pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes on center rack in the oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
Let brownies cool, uncovered, to room temperature.