The ruby red pomegranate is a powerhouse of nutritional benefits. But combined with the seductive allure of chocolate, I've created a temptress of a dessert. To be honest, I've never tasted a pomegranate before. And to say that I was pleasantly surprised with its taste is an understatement. POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice rocks. It has wonderful potential to be used in many recipes, sweet or savory.
11. Cut 4-inch double thickness circles from baking parchment and shape each into a cone. Secure with masking tape.
22. Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over hot water, cool slightly, then spoon a little into each cone, swirling and brushing it to coat the paper in an even layer.
33. Stand each cone point downward in a cup or glass, to hold it straight. Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to set. Repeat the process a second time. Keep cool until ready for assembly.
1. Pour juice into saucepan and heat on low. Slowly whisk in the dissolved cornstarch. Continue whisking until the juice becomes slightly thick. Let cool.
5White Chocolate Mousse:
1. Pour water into a heavy sauce pan; sprinkle with gelatine. Let stand 2 minutes, until gelatine is softened. Add butter, heat, stirring, until mixture is boiling, butter melts and gelatine is dissolved.
62. Meanwhile, in food processor, chop chocolate chips with sugar. With processor running, pour boiling butter mixture into chocolate mixture; process until chocolate is melted. Add eggs once at a time and continue processing.
73. Return mousse back to sauce pan and cook over medium heat until mixture thickens. Stir constantly. Be careful not to let scorch.
84. Pour mixture into a bowl and place in refrigerator for an hour to cool.
95. Pour heavy cream into a mixer bowl and whip into soft peaks. Add a large spoonful of cooled white chocolate mixture while still whipping. Continue adding spoonfuls of white chocolate mixture until all gone.
Spoon pomegranate sauce onto individual dessert plates. Then pipe white chocolate mousse into each cone and arrange on plates. Add pomegranate seeds for garnish.