Bill's own chocolate bread pudding
- preheat oven to 375 degrees f.
- loaf of leftover white bread 10 oz.
- 2 c
- 1/4 c
- cocoa powder
- 1/2 c
- 1 1/2 c
- 3 large
- 1/4 c
- cooking oil or 1/2 stick butter (melted)
- 1 c
- self rising flour
- 1 pinch
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Bill's own chocolate bread pudding
- 1crumble bread into a large mixing bowl
- 2place water into a small sauce pan and bring to almost boiling. Add cocoa to water and stir until well mixed.
- 3pour cocoa/water mixture over crumbled bread and mix until most of bread is brown in color. May have a few white spots. This is o.k.
- 4add milk, sugar, salt and flour and stir until well mixed.
- 5add beaten eggs, vanilla extract and cooking oil/butter. mix until thoroughly combined.
- 6pour mixture into a lightly greased 9"x13"x2" pan or baking dish. ( I use cooking spray with flour)
- 7Bake about 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 8Serve warm as is, or add ice cream, chocolate sauce, or whipped cream.