Bill's own chocolate bread pudding
·preheat oven to 375 degrees f.
1/2loaf of leftover white bread 10 oz.
1/4 ccocoa powder
1 1/2 csugar
1/4 ccooking oil or 1/2 stick butter (melted)
1 cself rising flour
1 Tbspvanilla extract
How to Make Bill's own chocolate bread pudding
- crumble bread into a large mixing bowl
- place water into a small sauce pan and bring to almost boiling. Add cocoa to water and stir until well mixed.
- pour cocoa/water mixture over crumbled bread and mix until most of bread is brown in color. May have a few white spots. This is o.k.
- add milk, sugar, salt and flour and stir until well mixed.
- add beaten eggs, vanilla extract and cooking oil/butter. mix until thoroughly combined.
- pour mixture into a lightly greased 9"x13"x2" pan or baking dish. ( I use cooking spray with flour)
- Bake about 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve warm as is, or add ice cream, chocolate sauce, or whipped cream.