~BAILEY'S Irish Cream White Chocolate Cheesecake ~
Great Recipe for March 5th which is National White Chocolate Cheesecake Day or anytime you want an elegant special dessert. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2+ c
- up to 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs, finely grind for crust.
- 1 1/4 c
- pecans (about 5 oz), finely grind
- 1/4 c
- 6 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, melted. (i use a whole stick)
- 1 1/2 lb
- cream cheese, room temperature - (3 - 8oz packages)
- 3/4 c
- 3 large
- 1/3 c
- bailey's original irish cream liqueur
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 3 oz
- imported white chocolate (such as lindt), broken into pieces. (i grate it).
- 1 1/2 c
- sour cream, (can use the full 16oz container)
- 1/4 c
- powerded sugar, (use more if you use more sour cream)
- 1 1/2 oz
- imported white chocolate (lindt is good), grated
- pecan halves, to "decorate" top.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly butter 9 inch diameter spring form pan with 2 ¾ inch high sides. Finely grind graham crackers, pecans and sugar in processor. Add butter and blend, using on/off turns. Press crumbs onto bottom and 2 inches up sides of prepared pan. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
Use electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until smooth. Whisk eggs, Baileys and vanilla in medium bowl until just blended. Beat egg mixture into cream cheese mixture. Finely chop white chocolate in processor using on/off turns. Add to cream cheese mixture.
Transfer filling to crust-lined pan. Bake until edges of filling are puffed and dry looking and center is just set; about 50 minutes. Cool on rack.
Mix sour cream and powdered sugar in small bowl. (I also add about 1 ½ oz finely chopped white chocolate to this topping mixture). Spread topping onto cooled cake. Refrigerate until well chilled, about 6 hours. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead).
Sprinkle grated chocolate (I use grated white chocolate) over cooled cheesecake. Place whole pecans around edge – or pecans may be finely ground and spread around edges. Serve & Enjoy!