On 2/27/2012 I added Step #3..making this in a Sundae glass...see below and picture.
- *apples, sliced in thin sections...but not too thin!
- *dulce de leche or a very "thick" caramel topping
- *chocolate chips
- *pecans, chopped
- *coconut, shredded
- *lemon juice (for dunking apple slices to keep apples from turning brown)
How to Make Apple Nacho
- 1Wash apples, cut in quarters and remove core on each piece then slice them thin with skins on, if not serving right away then dip into lemon juice to keep them from turning brown while sitting...next lay them out on a platter in a circular pattern to cover the plate just as you would a nacho in several layers, then drizzle with caramel topping, if using dulce de leche, I would microwave just until it is easy to pour, but not too thin. Drizzle a good amount over the sliced apples. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, pecans and shredded coconut. Top off with a little more caramel topping..and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- 2You could also add mini marshmallows cut in half, raisins, or butterscotch pieces, etc....
You could also let everyone make there own nacho by putting pre-sliced apples in large serving bowls and along with bowls of all the goodies to go on them set up as a dessert type bar where they help themselves...with dessert plates for each person and they pick and choose what they want on their nacho. This would be great for a kids party...or even adults...I loved it.