Alan Linden's Chocolate Mousse
- envelope gelatin
- 3 Tbsp
- cold water
- 2 oz
- unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 c
- confectioners sugar
- 1 c
- milk (can use either whole or fat free)
- 3/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 2 c
- whipping cream - whipped until stiff
How to Make Alan Linden's Chocolate Mousse
- 1soften gelatin in water. Set aside.
- 2Melt the chocolate in double boiler over hot (NOT boiling) water. Stir in confectioners sugar blending until smooth.
- 3Scald the milk. Stir into chocolate mixture. Cook over the hot water stirring constantly until mixture reaches boiling point but DO NOT boil!
- 4Remove mixture from heat. Stir in gelatin, sugar, salt and vanilla.
- 5Chill in mixing bowl until slightly thickened. Beat thickened mixture until light and airy. Fold in the whipped cream.
- 6Pour into serving bowl or individual dishes. Refrigerate for 2 - 3 hours or until mousse is firm.