★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 1/2 crolled oats (uncooked)
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
3/4 cbutter, melted
1/2 cdark corn syrup
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1 pkgsemi-sweet choc. pieces
2 Tbspshortening, butter flavor
2/3 cchopped mixed nuts
How to Make Yuletide Toffee Squares
- Heat oven to 450 F and grease a 15x10 in pan.
- Combine oats, sugar, butter, corn syrup, vanilla and salt. Mix well.
- Firmly press mixture into pan and bake 12 minutes or until mixture is brown and bubbly.
- cool completely
- In a glass bowl, add shortening and chocolate pieces and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes. Stir after 1 minute and then every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Spread evenly over base, sprinkle with nuts. Chill until set and then cut into bars.